Red Cactus BBQ Chicken Tacos
Everyone loves Taco Tuesday but what about Taco Tuesday with a twist? We’ve incorporated some BBQ sauce to help us change things up a bit. Our Red Cactus BBQ Chicken Tacos are made with shredded chicken that has been simmered with Red Cactus Seasoning, BBQ sauce, then topped with corn salsa, avocado, sour cream and more!
With only three ingredients to get going in the slow cooker you will have time to start this dinner even on days when you have to rush out the door. Chicken, seasoning and BBQ sauce may sound unusual for a taco base, but hey, isn’t different what we’re going for here?!
Our Red Cactus BBQ Chicken tacos are made with shredded chicken that has been simmered with Red Cactus Seasoning, BBQ sauce, and Red Cactus Jalapenos (if desired), then topped with a homemade corn salsa, Red Cactus Salsa, making them perfection. Pour cheese on top, serve with sour cream, avocado, or whatever you prefer, these make for one great lunch or dinner.
Course: Dinner, Lunch
Keyword: BBQ Chicken taco, chicken taco, taco, taco Tuesday
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 7 hours 20 minutes
Total Time: 7 hours 30 minutes
What you’ll need:
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken
- 2 tablespoons Red Cactus Seasoning
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce + 1/2 cup BBQ sauce for later
- 1/2 jar Red Cactus Jalapeños
- 16 oz bag frozen corn (thawed)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried cilantro
- salt & pepper
- 12 corn tortillas
- Add chicken to slow cooker and sprinkle well with Red Cactus Seasoning
- Top with 1/2 cup BBQ sauce
- Add 1/2 jar of Red Cactus Jalapenos (if desired)
- Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6-8
- Remove chicken from slow cooker and shred using 2 forks
- Add a ladle or two of the cooking juices and discard remaining (you want it to be juicy but not too juicy)
- Mix with additional 1/2 cup BBQ sauce and return to slow cooker on keep warm setting until ready to serve
- Add thawed corn to large bowl
- Add remaining ingredients and toss until combined, adding salt and pepper to taste
- Heat corn tortillas according to package directions and serve loaded up with chicken, salsa, and any other toppings you desire!
Enter your zip code below to find a store near you that carries Red Cactus! Or order online!