Going gluten-free? Well have we got the salsa and dips for you! You’ve come to the right place to learn more about the benefits of gluten-free.
Have you recently been diagnosed with celiac disease, have gluten allergies, or recently decide to go gluten-free for the health benefits? Well have we got the salsa and dips for you! From our mild to our hot salsa line, Red Cactus-USA offers an amazingly delicious, and life changing blend of garden vegetables, jalapeños, and spices all with a sweet taste. Hence the name “Americas Sweet” salsa. Our customer Holly wrote us to say, “Thank you so much for making a gluten free salsa that not only we love, but our kids love too! Our kids have never liked salsa because it is typically too hot, but your mild sweet salsa is their absolute favorite! They cant get enough! We have a gluten free home because of a gluten allergy and we are so thankful we found your gluten-free products. Thank you Red Cactus! ” Knowing that we not only provide a healthy product but promote a healthy lifestyle is an important factor for us at Red Cactus-USA.
How does gluten impact your body?
Well first, we need to understand what gluten is in order to understand the benefits of gluten-free. According to the Celiac Disease Foundation, Gluten is a general name for the proteins found in wheat (wheatberries, durum, emmer, semolina, spelt, farina, farro, graham, and einkorn), rye, barley and triticale – a cross between wheat and rye. Gluten helps foods maintain their shape, acting as a glue that holds food together. Gluten can be found in many types of foods, even ones that would not be expected.
Why go gluten-free?
According to Mayo Clinic, A gluten-free diet is essential for managing signs and symptoms of celiac disease and other medical conditions associated with gluten.
A gluten-free diet is also popular among people who haven’t been diagnosed with a gluten-related medical condition. The claimed benefits of gluten-free diet are improved health, weight loss and increased energy, but more research is needed.
- Celiac disease is a condition in which gluten triggers immune system activity that damages the lining of the small intestine. Over time this damage prevents the absorption of nutrients from food. Celiac disease is an autoimmune disorder.
- Non-celiac gluten sensitivity causes some signs and symptoms associated with celiac disease — including abdominal pain, bloating, diarrhea, constipation, “foggy brain,” rash or headache — even though there is no damage to the tissues of the small intestine. Studies show that the immune system plays a role, but the process isn’t well understood.
- Gluten ataxia, an autoimmune disorder, affects certain nerve tissues and causes problems with muscle control and voluntary muscle movement.
- Wheat allergy, like other food allergies, is the result of the immune system mistaking gluten or some other protein found in wheat as a disease-causing agent, such as a virus or bacterium. The immune system creates an antibody to the protein, prompting an immune system response that may result in congestion, breathing difficulties and other symptoms.
Understanding gluten-free food labels
When you are buying processed foods, you need to read labels to determine if they contain gluten. Foods that contain wheat, barley, rye or triticale — or an ingredient derived from them — must be labeled with the name of the grain in the label’s content list.
Foods that are labeled gluten-free, according to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration rules, must have fewer than 20 parts per million of gluten. Foods with these labels may include:
- Naturally gluten-free food
- A prepared food that doesn’t have a gluten-containing ingredient
- Food that has not been cross-contaminated with gluten-containing ingredients during production
- Food with a gluten-containing ingredient that has been processed to remove gluten
What salsa products are gluten-free?
Red Cactus-USA Salsa from our shop in Hannibal, Missouri understands the benefits of gluten-free and cares about our customers. When we look beyond the product sales, beyond the salsa, and look at how it has impacted our community, our staff, and our customers, it is clear that it is a vehicle of flavor and a vehicle for healthy healing. Our Facebook reviews are filled with testimonials about how our salsa was one of the only things they can eat because of the health benefits.
At Red Cactus-USA, we know that food is the quickest way to a healthy life and lifestyle. As a result, we pride ourselves on promoting a healthy product that helps shift people away from unhealthy eating habits. Not only are our products gluten-free, they are made with ingredients from garden-fresh vegetables, keeping them low in sodium, and ingredients which lower acid-reflux. To stand behind our mission to help others, we have to stand behind a product that also helps people’s lives and livelihoods. Not only do we reach out to our customers to promote healthy eating through good ingredients, our owner Steven has continued his outreach mission, “From the Cactus to the Cross.” He continues to visit churches or meeting centers to speak and share stories. It is all in the name of encouraging others to serve and pursue a healthy lifestyle. If you or someone you know is interested in having Steven speak to your group, church or at a conference, he can be reached at 217-653-8147 or by email at email@example.com. To learn more about Red Cactus-USA and our mission, be sure to check out our About Us page and keep up to date with the latest and greatest on our Facebook page.
To find stores that carry Red Cactus products near you, simply enter your zip code below.