Breakfast Quesadilla with Soft Scrambled Eggs and Red Cactus Salsa…the best breakfast, any day of the week. Soft scrambled eggs, crispy bacon, Red Cactus Seasoning, and cheese, stuffed into flour tortillas and cooked until golden, crisp, and oh so perfect. Top these quesadillas with avocado, Red Cactus Salsa, spinach and sour cream, and you’ll have yourself a complete breakfast. Bonus? These quesadillas would be great for lunch or dinner too!
But here’s the best part. This recipe is freezer friendly, so that you can have a breakfast quesadilla quickly and easily any day of the week. Yes, any day. Simply assemble the quesadillas, then wrap them up to store in the freezer until you are ready to eat. When ready, grab a quesadilla, unwrap, cook, and enjoy!
Meaning you should make a whole bunch of breakfast quesadillas on Sunday, freeze them, and pull them out when you need a quick, easy and delicious breakfast. Perfection.
Course: Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch
Keyword: Quesadilla, breakfast, breakfast quesadilla
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
What you’ll need:
- 8 slices cooked crispy bacon, lightly crumbled
- 2 tablespoons Red Cactus Seasoning
- 1/4 jar Red Cactus Jalapeños (optional)
- 6 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon butter at room temperature
- 4-6 whole wheat or regular flour tortillas
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1-2 cups baby spinach or arugula
- extra virgin olive oil, for cooking
1. Whisk together the eggs and a pinch of salt in a medium bowl.
2. Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the eggs and cook, undisturbed, until a thin layer of cooked egg appears around the edge of the skillet. Add Red Cactus Seasoning. Using a rubber spatula gently push/move the eggs around the skillet until fluffy and barely set, about 2 minutes. Immediately remove from the skillet.
3. Cook bacon. We like to either bake ours or cook it in a cast iron skillet.
4. Lay the tortillas flat on a clean counter. On the top of 2 tortillas, evenly layer the cheeses, eggs and bacon. Then lay the remaining tortilla on top.
5. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet (or griddle) over medium heat. When the oil shimmers, place the quesadillas, one at a time, in the skillet and cook until golden on each side, about 4-5 minutes per side. Serve topped with avocado, spinach, Red Cactus Salsa and sour cream.
*To freeze these, assemble the quesadillas as directed above, but do not cook them. Wrap each quesadilla individually in plastic wrap and freeze in a single layer. Once frozen, transfer to a freezer bag. Freeze for up to 2 months. To cook once frozen, remove the plastic wrap and warm the quesadilla in the microwave for 1-2 minutes to thaw. Then cook as directed in the skillet.
What salsa products are gluten-free?
Red Cactus-USA Salsa from our shop in Hannibal, Missouri understands the benefits of gluten-free and cares about our customers. When we look beyond the product sales, beyond the salsa, and look at how it has impacted our community, our staff, and our customers, it is clear that it is a vehicle of flavor and a vehicle for healthy healing. Our Facebook reviews are filled with testimonials about how our salsa was one of the only things they can eat because of the health benefits.
At Red Cactus-USA, we know that food is the quickest way to a healthy life and lifestyle. As a result, we pride ourselves on promoting a healthy product that helps shift people away from unhealthy eating habits. Not only are our products gluten-free, they are made with ingredients from garden-fresh vegetables, keeping them low in sodium, and ingredients which lower acid-reflux. To stand behind our mission to help others, we have to stand behind a product that also helps people’s lives and livelihoods. Not only do we reach out to our customers to promote healthy eating through good ingredients, our owner Steven has continued his outreach mission, “From the Cactus to the Cross.” He continues to visit churches or meeting centers to speak and share stories. It is all in the name of encouraging others to serve and pursue a healthy lifestyle. If you or someone you know is interested in having Steven speak to your group, church or at a conference, he can be reached at 217-653-8147 or by email at email@example.com. To learn more about Red Cactus-USA and our mission, be sure to check out our About Us page and keep up to date with the latest and greatest on our Facebook page.
To find stores that carry Red Cactus products near you, simply enter your zip code below.