Red Cactus Quick & Easy Chicken Quesadilla
You might be wondering, “do I even NEED a recipe for a chicken quesadilla?” We think once you try this one, you’ll be convinced that you only need one. And it’s one the kids will love too! It’s got the perfect shredded chicken cooked to perfection with Red Cactus Salsa and Red Cactus Seasoning and more than enough cheese. I mean, can you have too much cheese?
How do I prepare the shredded chicken?
Tons of options here. If you have an Instant Pot or pressure cooker, your chicken is done in 12 minutes flat. You can boil or bake your chicken. Or, you can pick up a rotisserie chicken at your local grocery store to save even more time.
Can I use corn tortillas instead of flour?
Totally! Corn tortillas are typically quite a bit smaller than flour tortillas though, but this is a great option if you are eating a gluten free diet.
I’m vegetarian. What can I sub in for chicken?
Sautéed mushrooms or tofu would make delicious add-ins to this quesadilla. We love the ground beef substitute, which would be super delicious sautéed with some Red Cactus Seasoning.
With the two alterations mentioned above, this meal is not only vegetarian, but gluten free, and low sodium! You can read the importance of a low sodium diet here.
Course: Dinner, Lunch, Snack
Keyword: Quesadilla, quesadillas, salsa, cheese dip, seasoning
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15
Total Time: 20
What you’ll need:
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts fresh or frozen
- 2 tablespoons Red Cactus Seasoning and/or taco seasoning
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup Red Cactus Salsa
- Shredded cheese
- sour cream
- Or whatever you like to pile on top of your quesadilla
- Place chicken breast in the bottom of the Instant Pot. Add chicken broth.
- Sprinkle Red Cactus seasoning over chicken breasts. Top with salsa.
- Press “Poultry” and cook for 15 minutes if frozen and 12 minutes if fresh.
- Once done, release pressure and shred chicken with two forks. Combine with sauce in Instant Pot.
Warm griddle and place tortilla(s) on griddle. Sprinkle shredded cheese as the first layer, add shredded chicken as second layer, then sprinkle more shredded cheese as third layer. Fold tortilla and cook until cheese is melty and tortilla is the perfect golden color.
Enter your zip code below to find a store near you that carries Red Cactus! Or order online!