Queso Chicken Tacos
Everyone loves Taco Tuesday but what about Taco Tuesday with an added bonus? We’ve incorporated some Queso to help us change things up a bit. Our Red Cactus Queso Chicken Tacos are made with shredded chicken that has been simmered with Red Cactus Seasoning, Salsa, Queso, then topped with corn salsa, avocado, sour cream and more!
Taco night just got a lot more flavorful with this SUPER EASY, delicious weeknight meal that makes the BEST queso chicken tacos! Only a few ingredients and minutes to throw together, these Queso Chicken Tacos are loaded with flavor and require little work and effort. Use the chicken for tacos, burritos, quesadillas, wraps and bowls. Tons of leftovers or perfect for feeding a crowd, parties and game day.
Our Red Cactus Queso Chicken tacos are made with shredded chicken that has been simmered with Red Cactus Seasoning, salsa, and Red Cactus Jalapenos (if desired), then topped with a Red Cactus Queso, making them perfection. Add homemade street corn, (optional recipe below) pour more cheese on top, serve with sour cream, avocado, or whatever you prefer, these make for one great lunch or dinner. Trust me!
Course: Dinner, Lunch
Keyword: Queso Chicken taco, chicken taco, taco, taco Tuesday, queso
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 7 hours 20 minutes (less for instant pot or baking)
Total Time: 7 hours 30 minutes
What you’ll need:
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken
- 2 tablespoons Red Cactus Seasoning
- 1 jar Red Cactus Salsa
- 1/2 cup of chicken broth
- 1/2 to 1 jar Red Cactus Queso
- 1/2 jar Red Cactus Jalapeños
- 16 oz bag frozen corn (thawed)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried cilantro
- salt & pepper
- 12 corn tortillas
- Add chicken to slow cooker and sprinkle well with Red Cactus Seasoning
- Top with jar of salsa
- Add 1/2 cup of chicken broth
- Add 1/2 jar of Red Cactus Jalapenos (if desired)
- Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6-8
- Remove chicken from slow cooker and shred using 2 forks
- Keep a ladle or two of the cooking juices and discard remaining (you want it to be juicy but not too juicy)
- Mix with 1/2 jar of Red Cactus Queso, stir, and return to slow cooker on keep warm setting until you are ready to serve
- Add thawed corn to large bowl
- Add remaining ingredients and toss until combined, adding salt and pepper to taste
- Heat corn tortillas according to package directions and serve loaded up with chicken, salsa, and any other toppings you desire!
What salsa products are gluten-free?
Red Cactus-USA Salsa from our shop in Hannibal, Missouri understands the benefits of gluten-free and cares about our customers. When we look beyond the product sales, beyond the salsa, and look at how it has impacted our community, our staff, and our customers, it is clear that it is a vehicle of flavor and a vehicle for healthy healing. Our Facebook reviews are filled with testimonials about how our salsa was one of the only things they can eat because of the health benefits.
At Red Cactus-USA, we know that food is the quickest way to a healthy life and lifestyle. As a result, we pride ourselves on promoting a healthy product that helps shift people away from unhealthy eating habits. Not only are our products gluten-free, they are made with ingredients from garden-fresh vegetables, keeping them low in sodium, and ingredients which lower acid-reflux. To stand behind our mission to help others, we have to stand behind a product that also helps people’s lives and livelihoods. Not only do we reach out to our customers to promote healthy eating through good ingredients, our owner Steven has continued his outreach mission, “From the Cactus to the Cross.” He continues to visit churches or meeting centers to speak and share stories. It is all in the name of encouraging others to serve and pursue a healthy lifestyle. If you or someone you know is interested in having Steven speak to your group, church or at a conference, he can be reached at 217-653-8147 or by email at email@example.com. To learn more about Red Cactus-USA and our mission, be sure to check out our About Us page and keep up to date with the latest and greatest on our Facebook page.
To find stores that carry Red Cactus products near you, simply enter your zip code below.