Incoming cold weather means more than a change in the seasons. It means sports, tailgating, parties, food, food, food and more food. And you can bet someone is bringing the potato salad, egg salad, ham salad, and whatever other thing is caked with mayo and oddly named a salad. But for you- our thoughtful hero of the tailgating adventure party- you have decided to forego ambrosia in exchange for researching the best tailgating food. You have asked the search engine deity, what is the perfect tailgating salsa recipe? And here you are, staring it right in the face at your fingertips. And at the center of the recipe is one of the only low sodium, gluten free dip products on the market from Red Cactus-USA. We’ve got you, oh feeder of the masses, and we are here to help you bring your A-game to any gathering.
So what is the perfect tailgating salsa recipe for that next football game? While we are bias and think that it is anything which includes salsa from Red Cactus-USA, we understand the answer is widely subjective and disputed.
Tailgating Salsa Recipes
Buffalo-Chicken Dip with Salsa
- 12 oz. precooked chicken pieces
- 2- 8oz. packages cream cheese. Leave out to get to room temperature
- ½ cup Frank’s hot sauce
- 2-3 tbs. Butter
- 1 cup of your favorite Red Cactus salsa
- ½ cup ranch dressing
- ½ cup blue cheese crumble
- 1 ½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Garnish with chopped green onion
- Tortilla chips for serving
- Preheat oven to 350º
- In a small saucepan, heat hot sauce and mix in butter
- In a mixing bowl, add remaining ingredients and mix with your hands. Add hot sauce after it cools. Reserve ½ cup cheddar
- Spread mixture in oven-safe dish
- Top with remaining cheddar
- Bake for 30 minutes until cheese has melted and crust forms
Healthier tailgating snack options?
Are you watching what you eat? Or do you dread those weekly tailgating gatherings because your only options for healthy food are carrots and celery, not even an adequate health-promoting dipping sauce? You have found the perfect recipe to keep you happy and full for the whole ordeal. Check out the tortilla pie made with gluten and dairy free ingredients. This lasagna-esq dish is sure to fill you up and never let you down, even when your favorite team or tailgating date might. The secret to this dish is the Red Cactus Salsa of choice which gives it that extra kick you are looking for on a cold winter day. Knowing you will actually be tailgating outside behind a truck or car? Totally cool! Prepare this dish the night before by cooking it through and throwing it on the grill or in a slow cooker to heat up on game day.
- 1-2 packs of corn tortillas (this depends on the size of your cooking vessel)
- 4-5 sweet potatoes, cooked and mashed.
- 2 large bags of spinach
- 3 cups shredded monterey-jack cheese
- 3 cups enchilada sauce
- 1-2 jars of your favorite Red Cactus salsa
- Preheat oven to 400º
- In a deep casserole dish, place a layer of corn tortillas, overlapping to cover the bottom like a lasagna
- Beginning with spinach, begin to layer the pie
- Add half of the monterey-jack cheese
- Add layer of corn tortillas
- Add layer of Red Cactus Salsa
- Add mashed sweet potatoes
- Add corn tortillas
- Add enchilada sauce
- Top with remaining cheese
- Cover container with plastic wrap followed by foil
- Cook for an hour or more, depending on thickness. It’s hard to overcook this dish.
Note: This can get messy and the ingredients can spill over the sides. But have no fear! As it cooks, the spinach will cook down while maintaining shape inside the dish. Add black beans or other favorite ingredients to customize how you like!
If you ask yourself, “What can I bring to the football game?” Food recipes will quickly come to mind. And if you have run out of ideas, try our spin on the classic Buffalo Chicken dip with salsa. Looking for a healthy tailgating alternative, you have the option of our tortilla pie. But maybe you have had a busy week and do not have time to go shopping or prep something that takes a little time. What’s the best quick dip for a tailgating party? Red Cactus-USA Sweet-N-Zesty Salsa Con Queso or White Cheese Sauce is the way to go. Grab a jar and a bag of chips at your local store and head over to join your friends. You should never attend a gathering like a tailgate empty-handed. Always pack something you can share! Ready to try a new recipe or do you want to share your famous recipe with our Red Cactus customers? Check out our recipe page and book to dive into a new dish and gear you up for a new and exciting season in sports! Your friends and tailgating family will thank you.
What salsa company is based in Missouri? Red Cactus-USA Salsa is based in Hannibal, Missouri and cares about our customers as much as humanity in general. But our Missouri salsa company is not just about our products or our business. Steven, the owner, continues what he calls his journey “From the Cactus to the Cross,” where he is passionate about outreach within the community. He started the business in the name of encouraging others to serve. If you or someone you know is interested in having Steven speak to your group, church or at a conference, he can be reached at 217-653-8147 or by email at [email protected]. To learn more about Red Cactus-USA and our mission, be sure to check out our About Us page and keep up to date with the latest and greatest on our Facebook page.